Spending a couple of days a year in an RV is somewhat part of the American culture. If you own an RV, you likely spend a couple of weeks a year in it. It might even be your home or your second home. Since RVs are high-value assets, it’s vital that you protect yours with sufficient insurance. At Rock Hard Insurance Agency in Fontana, CA, we offer all kinds of RV insurance coverages. Comprehensive coverage is among the most critical insurance coverage you need for your RV.
Although collisions with other road users or stationary objects seem to be the most significant risk your motorhome faces, that’s not the case. Comprehensive RV coverage works similarly to comprehensive coverage on an auto policy. It’s meant to help you repair or replace your RV in case there is damage or loss as a result of anything other than a collision. This includes perils such as;
- Theft of the RV or its parts
- Contact with animals like deer
- Hail, falling trees, or other debris
- Natural disasters such as tornadoes or hurricanes
These perils can occur whether your RV is at home, on the road, or at a campsite. Comprehensive RV coverage covers all of these perils, no matter who is at fault. Unlike some coverages on an RV policy that are mandatory by law, a comprehensive RV policy is optional. However, some circumstances where comprehensive motorhome coverage could be required in California include:
- If you rent an RV, the rental company might ask you to get an RV policy with comprehensive coverage.
- If you finance your RV, the lender might ask you to add comprehensive coverage to your RV policy.
Do you need an RV policy in Fontana, CA?
Welcome to Rock Hard Insurance Agency or the best RV insurance policy offers. Contact us today, and we will educate you on how you can safeguard your beloved motorhome.
RV owners in Fontana, CA can meet their RV insurance needs with a policy from Rock Hard Insurance Agency. RV insurance is a necessity for numerous reasons.
The following are three reasons why you need to find the right insurance coverage for your RV:
RV insurance is required by law if you drive your RV on public roadways
The biggest reason why you need RV insurance is that it’s required by law. In every state, RV drivers need to show financial responsibility for taking their vehicle on public roads by having insurance coverage.
When you select an RV insurance policy, your insurance provider will make sure that the liability insurance coverage you’re purchasing meets the minimum requirements in your state.
RV insurance protects you financially
Without RV insurance coverage, you could face high expenses if you get into an accident in your RV. Not only could you face liability expenses, but also medical bills in the event of an injury.
RV insurance protects the value of your RV. RV insurance can also protect the funds you have in your savings.
RV insurance is required if you took out a loan to purchase your RV
In addition to being required by your state DMV, RV insurance is also required by the lender you borrowed funds from to purchase your RV.
You will need to take out collision coverage for your RV for as long as it takes you to pay off your loan. Once your loan is paid off, it’s still a good idea to invest in a collision and comprehensive coverage to protect your RV’s value.
Give Us A Call
You can get in touch with us at Rock Hard Insurance Agency for RV insurance. We’ll come to your assistance and help you find the right RV insurance policy in Fontana, CA!
When you don’t want to buy a home or live in a rental apartment in Fontana, CA, residing in an RV can be a great option. An RV becomes a home and is also a means of transport to help move from place to place with the convenience of a home. While being a full-timer in your RV is great, have you thought about your insurance needs? If not, Rock Hard Insurance Agency is here to give you a comprehensive guide to your insurance needs.
Understanding full-timers insurance
If you have sold your home to reside in your RV, you need to consider a full-timer’s RV insurance. Given your RV is now your new home, typical RV insurance may not suffice. As such, you need to consider full-timer’s RV insurance because it covers you in the following areas:
- Personal liability coverage: Like the liability coverage in home insurance, this insurance policy protects you when residing in your RV. This insurance covers you when accused of property damage or bodily injury. Remember, if you have sold your home, your liability coverage is no longer applicable in your RV, and that’s why you need separate liability coverage.
- Personal effects coverage: When you move into an RV, all your personal items may not fit in the vehicle. As such, you may store your items in a storage facility. Unfortunately, they aren’t covered when in such places. RV insurance protects your personal items when in the RV and storage facilities.
- Medical payment coverage: This coverage covers your medical expenses for injuries suffered while using your RV as a residence.
Rving is increasingly becoming popular because many people want to explore the freedom of living and traveling in an RV. At Rock Hard Insurance Agency, we want to instill a sense of security and assurance by providing comprehensive RV insurance to protect you wherever your vehicle takes you.
Recreational vehicles provide a great escape from every day, and they can be a lot of fun to spend time in. If you have an RV, it needs RV insurance to keep it protected against a number of different risks that come with driving an RV. To find out more, give us a call at Rock Hard Insurance Agency in Fontana, CA.
Full-Time RV User
One of the ways that your rates for RV insurance are measured is by looking at how often you use the RV. You may use it rarely, you may get out and drive it occasionally or you may spend every weekend in it. You might even live in it full-time as many people do. If you live in it full time, there is full-timer insurance needed in your RV insurance policy. This reflects the RV having more risks because it is used more often.
Your RV’s Class
Your RV policy will also depend on the type of RV you have. There are three classes of RVs that are based on the size of the RV and its specific design. Classes A, B and C each require their own type of coverage to go with the specific risks of vehicles in that class. When you are shopping for your RV policy, make sure you know what class your RV is in. Your insurance agent can help you if you aren’t sure. Class As are the largest RVs, Class Cs are the middle and Class Bs are the smallest of the RVs.
Get Your RV Covered by Insurance
If you own an RV, the right insurance is a must for protecting you financially. A good RV policy will protect you against countless situations and ensure that you can soon get back on the road. If you need RV insurance, give us a call now at Rock Hard Insurance Agency in Fontana, CA for more information.
Owning an RV is a lot of investment. In fact, it can be as expensive as owning a house. That said, you need to protect your motorhome or camper with proper RV insurance. When you are budgeting for financing cost and maintenance cost for your RV, you must factor in insurance.
Having the right RV insurance coverage will help protect you and your RV. At Rock Hard Insurance Agency in Fontana, CA, our job is to make sure you are adequately covered. Here are the coverages you will get when you purchase RV insurance coverage from us.
Areas covered by RV insurance
While RV insurance protects you from various perils, below are the common areas covered by RV insurance.
- Liability coverage: Liability coverage is the most important RV insurance policy. Most states require you have at least liability coverage as the minimum insurance for an RV. It covers you for any cost of damage and bodily injuries that you are at fault. However, liability coverage does not cover any damage to your vehicle.
- Medical payments: This coverage pays for medical bills if you or your passengers are involved in an accident, regardless of who is at fault.
- Physical asset protection: Comprehensive coverage protects your RV from non-collision perils like fire, vandalism, falling objects, theft, and so forth. Collision coverage covers accident-related damages to your RV. Your personal belongings are also protected if you opt for property protection coverage.
- Underinsured and uninsured motorist coverage: If your RV is in an accident with someone with insufficient insurance cover or with no insurance at all, this coverage covers any property damage, lost wages, or even injuries.
RV insurance in California
With RV insurance, you can rest assured your investment is safeguarded. Even if it’s not a requirement in your state, having your RV protected is always a good idea. Are you looking for RV insurance? Look no further than Rock Hard Insurance Agency. Call or visit our office in Fontana, CA today.