Motorcycle Insurance in California
Motorcycles provide freedom and excitement that you can't find anywhere else. The hum of the engine and the wind in your face are a great way to unwind. Your cares fade away as you take the twists and turns of the highway. Before you head out on your bike, you need to have the proper insurance coverage. Rock Insurance Agency Inc. in Medford NJ provides motorcycle insurance for Tri-State area residents.
Do I Need Motorcycle Insurance?
California law states that motorcycles must have liability insurance. It defines motorcycles as any vehicle with a motor attached. This means that motorized bicycles and scooters also fall under the law. If you have a lien on your bike, your lender will likely have you carry collision or comprehensive insurance as well. This protects their investment and prevents you from continuing to pay a motorcycle loan when you no longer have the bike. Even if you don't have a lien on your motorcycle, you should consider full coverage insurance. It can protect the investment you have made, and repair or replace your bike if it is damaged. Rock Hard Insurance Agency in Fontana, CA is here to help you with coverage.
Types of Motorcycle Insurance
There are different types of motorcycle insurance. It starts with liability insurance.
- Liability: Covers the damages to someone else's vehicle or property in the event of an accident. It will also cover the other party's medical expenses if they are injured.
- Collision insurance: Covers the damages to someone else's vehicle or property in the event of an accident. It will also cover the other party's medical expenses if they are injured.
- Medical expenses or PIP insurance: Will cover your medical costs occurring from an accident. It may also include medical fees if a passenger is injured.
- Uninsured motorist coverage: Will cover repair or replacement of your bike if the other party is at fault but doesn't have insurance.
- Comprehensive coverage: Covers damage to your bike that isn't the result of an accident, including theft and vandalism.
If you are a motorcycle rider in California, contact us at Rock Hard Insurance Agency in Fontana, CA. We will speak with you about your insurance needs and help you choose the right policy based on your needs.