Boat/Watercraft Insurance in California
New Jersey is surrounded by water on three sides. Boats and watercraft are a great way to get out on the water and relax. With the proper insurance policy, you can enjoy yourself without worrying about financial liability. At Rock Hard Insurance Agency in Fontana, CA, we provide boat and watercraft insurance for residents of California to keep you protected on the water.
Basic Coverage Options
As with other types of insurance, there are different types of boat and watercraft coverage. These include physical damage, bodily injury, property damage, and personal injury protection.
- Physical damage will cover the damage to your boat in the event of an accident. This includes repair and replacement in the event of a total loss, up to the coverage limits.
- Bodily injury will cover the other party's medical expenses in the event of an accident. For example, if you hit another boat and one of the passengers needs medical care.
- Property damage covers your liability if your boat damages another boat or someone else's property. In the above example, this coverage would pay for the repair or replacement of the other party's ship. It also covers property. If you hit a dock and damage it, for example, property damage coverage will pay for the repairs.
- Personal injury coverage, also known as medical payments coverage, covers your medical expenses. In the boat accident example, PIP would cover your medical costs and those of your passengers.
- Most policies cover your boat on and off the water. If your boat is damaged in storage, physical damage coverage will cover the repairs. They may also include things like a mechanical failure on the water and sinking.
Rock Hard Insurance Agency in Fontana, CA offers insurance policies to meet the needs of California residents. Our agents will speak with you about your specific coverage needs and help you select the right plan.